What we do for you
We produce independent building surveys and structural surveys with integrity.
No conflicting loyalty to banks, developers, contractors, owners, estate agents, lawyers or town halls.
All reports and comments are based in technical knowledge.
- A basic building survey is generally a view of everything in detail from floor or ground level plus upper and lower levels where is safe and easy Access. We cannot look at areas that are not accessible without exceptional work or equipment.
- We go through the property a room at a time and note all the defects, checking particularly for dampness, insect attack and structural movement.
- Thereafter, we go round the outside and do the same, including any outbuildings, etc.
- We also compare the accommodation and size of the property with the registered title information and the Catastral description (for property taxes).
- As they are unlikely to have visited the property, it is possible for a lawyer to prepare perfectly good title deeds, but for these not to describe the property accurately at all. In adition, we comment upon other papers and plans with which we are provided.
- We test the services noting any problem or evidence of defects.
- We also check kitchen equipment, heating and air conditioning is working where possible, but always with the provision that we cannot guarantee that they are functioning to specification and will function again the next time they are tested.
- Our report provides a comprehensive list supported by photographs of the evidence of defects, the likely causes and recommendations.
- We believe that our survey provides a comprehensive view of the property and its defects (if any) so that a prospective purchaser is able to judge what may be required to bring the property to acceptable or better condition.
We rarely carry out a structural survey, as that would involve breaking into and testing the structural elements. It is normally only required to find the cause of a defect for which evidence has been found in a Building Survey.
If a structural defect is detected during our building survey report or there is a structural problem that needs to be solved, we will investigate the inadequate structural design and the materials test resistance with a laboratory. Finally, we will produce a report describing the problems and recommending the way to solve it.
We have more than 20 years’ experience managing complex rehabilitations and structural calculations in Murcia, as we know well the region and the constructive technique used in the past years and nowadays.